Fall Clean up Day is Monday September 26th
Fall Clean up Day will be Monday, September 26th.
Please see the Clean up Day Rules and instructions below to make the Clean up Day go smoothly. Thank you for your cooperation!
NOTICE: Once trucks have picked up the refuse on your block they will not return to pick up more. Construction and demolition material will require the use of a dumpster. Regular weekly collection will occur at the same time as any additional refuse.
• The city will pick up refuse from Hartley residential customers ONLY (NOT commercial customers) with the exception of the following items: car bodies, insecticides, caustic acids, dead animals, paunch manure, septic waste, weed killer, waste oil, paint thinner, anything toxic or cans containing paint.
• The city will pick up an equivalent of a 2-yard dumpster FREE of charge per residence. Any additional trash will be charged on a pro-rated basis.
• Mattresses and furniture will be picked up.
• Put leaves, brush and trash in 3 separate piles. Trash is to be boxed/bagged.
You will be billed for the items the city picks up:
• Car and pickup tires $7.00; truck tires $14.00; tractor tires $30.00; large tractor tires $40.00; tires with rims are an additional $25.00.
• Appliance & electronic disposal $15.00 per piece.
• Computer printers $5.00, computer towers $10.00, computer monitors $15.00; large copiers $35.00; small TV’s (23” or smaller) $15.00 & large TV’s (24 “and larger) $20.00.
All refuse will be picked up on your regular garbage route pick up site.
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS DISPOSAL THURS., SEPTEMBER 29, 2022
• Trailers will be located at the city maintenance building on 2nd Street SW from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
• Hartley residential customers can dispose of Household Hazardous Materials.
• Customer will be charged $1.00 per gallon for Latex paint.
• Commercial customers must make arrangements with Northwest Iowa Area Solid Waste Agency for disposal of hazardous materials.
Contact City of Hartley if you have questions at 928-2240