Wanted: Electric Line Worker
City of Hartley11 N Central Ave. 712-928-2240
The City of Hartley, Iowa is accepting applications for a full-time Electric Line Worker.
- Graduation from an accredited technical school Line Worker Program
- Must possess and maintain a valid Iowa Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with air brake endorsement
- Will be required to be certified in First Aid and CPR
- Must have working knowledge of all aspects of electrical distribution line work and be able to climb wood poles
- Must have knowledge of use and care of appropriate safety gear and devices
- Must be able to carry out the physical demands of all aspects of electrical line work
Must be willing to work outdoors and occasionally in adverse weather conditions
The City of Hartley has an excellent benefit package that includes Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance as well as IPERS retirement benefits. Wage will be based on qualifications. EOE. Employment applications are available at Hartley City Hall 11 S. Central Ave, online at www.hartleyiowa.com or by emailing email@example.com. Send application, cover letter, resume and three references to City of Hartley, Attn: Jaron Benz, PO Box 153, Hartley, IA 51346, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information call the City of Hartley at (712) 928-2240.
Applications will be accepted until March 27, 2020 at 4:00 PM./pdfs/30/city_application1.pdf
- Construct and maintain overhead and underground electrical distribution systems.
- Operate equipment necessary with electrical operations (digger/bucket truck, backhoe, mini excavator, dump trucks, tractor, trencher, etc..).
- Install, maintain and read meters
- Work safely and follow safety procedures
- Carry-out work orders and assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Assist other departments as necessary
- Willing to be part of a rotating on-call schedule